Foundation for Leadership Education
The Foundation for Leadership Education’s (FLE) primary objectives are to support leadership education, promote leadership awareness, and to maintain the Lowcountry Lifetime Achievement Awards program.
The FLE was founded by local leaders of Beaufort County that represented business, community development, education, management, and the military. Armed with a vision to help “Prepare Tomorrow’s Leaders,” the group committed itself to supporting programs with an unwavering commitment to developing well-rounded, open-minded critical thinkers preparing to be the problem-solvers of the future. In addition, the founders were dedicated to honoring the history of leadership in the Lowcountry by recognizing individuals and organizations that have contributed to the general welfare and development of the community.
As a result, the foundation is committed to partnering and funding the following project types:
- Scholarships for students at schools or organizations fully committed to providing a full program of curriculum and activities dedicated to developing leadership skills in youth. Such programs must include credit bearing courses that lead to a complete course of study.
- Academic scholarships for students entering college and have demonstrated strong leadership skills in high school. Honorees must be enrolled at an accredited educational institution.
- Community Leadership Conferences and/or workshops for youth and adults.
- The Lowcountry Lifetime Achievement Awards. These awards are presented annually in January. The award honors individuals and/or organizations that have contributed to the general welfare and development of the Lowcountry community. Honorees are vetted and selected based on the following criteria:
- Community Service
- Community Leadership Roles
- Community Advocacy
- Community Pioneering and Innovative Efforts
- Community Role Model